One of our eleven penguin chicks had a very important solo in the spotlight this morning. Andrea accompanied this youngsters during a live appearance on Fox 25. She answered questions about African penguins and talked about our exciting Penguin Naming Contest. Our penguin just stood there looking very cute. Take a look!
If you're planning to submit a name for the contest, you have until this Sunday, 8/22. Remember, we're looking for educational and conservation-themed names. Just click through to this submission form to throw your entry into the hat. Our biologists will be choosing one name and a winner will get a behind-the-scenes tour of the Aquarium!
Bookmark and Share
Sort Posts by Subject
2011 South Africa Expedition
Little blue penguins
2008 Chile Rockhopper Expedition
- ► 2014 (20)
- ► 2013 (11)
- ► 2011 (29)
- Breeding: Chicks weigh in
- Penguin Pals: Treasure II
- Breaking out!
- The penguin chick has a name!
- Penguin Pals: Pip
- Free penguin lecture for the public!
- Early birds on television!
- Guest blogger: Tim Pratte
- The Big Introduction
- Name that penguin!
- Breeding: Everybody Loves Chicks
- Breeding: Candleing
- International Penguin Conference
- What's Happening: Good Eats
- Penguin Pals: Roast Beef and Plum Pudding
- What's Happening: Feeding time!
- Road Trip!
- ▼ August (17)
The Aquarium is home to more than 80 penguins who live in a bustling colony found on Level 1 surrounding the Giant Ocean Tank. The Aquarium breeds African penguins as part of a Species Survival Plan and promotes education programs about penguins around the world.
Come see what's happening