See what you missed! Our penguin expert Paul Leonard gave a live webcast from South Africa on November 17. He told us a bit about the rescue and rehabilitation programs at SANCCOB, a shore bird rescue and rehabilitation center in Cape Town, and what it takes to save an endangered species.
While volunteering at SANCCOB, his days have been filled feeding and caring for abandoned African penguin chicks through the Chick Bolstering Project. But he plugged in to give us a live update about this special rescue facility and these amazing birds.
Bookmark and Share
Sort Posts by Subject
2011 South Africa Expedition
Little blue penguins
2008 Chile Rockhopper Expedition
- ► 2014 (20)
- ► 2013 (11)
- South Africa #10: No Rest for the Wicked!
- South Africa #9: Why Go to Dassen Island?
- South Africa #8: All Aboard the Storm Petrel
- South Africa # 7: Goodbye SANCCOB and Thank you!
- South Africa #6: Penguin talk from South Africa
- South Africa #5: Webcast from SANCCOB!
- South Africa 2011 #4: Day 2 at SANCCOB, PEN 2…
- South Africa #3: Back to Penguin Basics…
- South Africa 2011 #2: Getting Started in Cape Town...
- Off to South Africa
- ▼ November (10)
- ► 2010 (67)
The Aquarium is home to more than 80 penguins who live in a bustling colony found on Level 1 surrounding the Giant Ocean Tank. The Aquarium breeds African penguins as part of a Species Survival Plan and promotes education programs about penguins around the world.
Come see what's happening